Thursday, September 10, 2009

May the Lord make His face to SHINE upon you...

What a beautiful picture this sentence creates. I can picture seeing our Lord Jesus Christ in all His Glory and Splendor, looking on His beautiful face for the first time when I get to heaven; such an amazing thought, it's hard to imagine. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you. It's a picture and description of God's blessings upon your life figuratively and on your body literally. It's like waking up early in the morning and being outside when the beautiful majestic sunrise takes place. It's feeling the first rays of sunshine splash across your face and knowing that it's your heavenly Father that created that moment just for you and Him to share. It's such a powerful statement yet it's gentle and soft at the same time. To think about having the Lords face shine upon you is frightening to say the least because nobody can look upon the Lord's face and live to tell about it. Yet as a Christian Jesus has bridged the gap between us and the Father so we can have His face shine upon us freely and be showered with Grace and Mercy not fear and trembling. It's still reverent to be fearful of THE great and powerful, all MIGHTY God of the Universe because of who He is. It shows respect and honor to fear God because of who He is but He is not a mean God whom you should only fear, He is a God of Love and Mercy.
I feel the Lord's face shining upon me all the time. Sometimes more than others; but I feel it when it happens because I get a sense of peace and I can enjoy the moment in whatever I'm doing or wherever I may be. Whether I'm putting my son in his crib and saying good night to him or when I'm curling up with my wife right before we go to bed and I am putting my head on her pillow and my arm around her waist just listening to her breathe. It's in these moments that God is shining His face upon my life because He has blessed me with so much Joy and Happiness. If we just spend a little more time looking and listening for God we will see that His beauty is all around us everywhere we go. It's in the beautiful flowers in a garden, in helping a friend who's going through a tough time, in playing with your son and just acting silly and in the simple moments of just enjoying the presence of someone you love. God is everywhere and He is in control; He makes His face to shine upon us daily we just have to stop going going going long enough to realize it and appreciate it. It's in those moments where you see His face in your everyday world that you can stop and thank Him for His love for you. Thank Him that He would actually be thinking about you and care about you enough to brighten your day by shining His face upon your life.
May the Lord make His face to shine upon you is a blessing that is almost too good to be true but it is. The Lord looks upon you daily and makes His face available to you anytime, anywhere and for any reason. He doesn't just want to hear from you when you are going through a tough time. He wants to hear from you through everything you are going through good or bad because He wants to have a relationship with you and for you to get to know Him. God is a God of blessings, that's His business. Like any good father He likes to shower His children with blessings and see them happy. He wants to make His face to shine upon you and smile at you and see you smile because He loves you more than you could ever know or understand no matter what you have done, are doing or will do in the future. The hope you have in Jesus and the saving Grace of God because of what Jesus did for you is enough to make you smile no matter what you are going through. I pray that I would stop and see the beauty in my life all around me every chance I get because I don't want to run through this life and miss something God created for me or miss His face in a certain situation that could change everything. I pray the same for you today. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you today and may you have the eyes to see and not look right past it when He does. God Bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment